Tuesday, August 29, 2006

What is NOT The JunkYard?

Hanging over my computer is an article my dad sent me from the Indianapolis Star entitled "Art museums cater to kids with hands-on exhibits." From MSNBC, I saved an article called "Good news for kids: Doctors advise more play. Youngsters between 5 and 16 need to be active for 1 1/2 hours a day." A friend of mine passed along an article from her Christian Science Monitor called "Kid friendly art that clangs, chimes, and shimmies." A great artical I received when visiting the museum studies class at University of Memphis is entitled "Dude, where's my museum?" My husband always passes along articles to me, and I usually have no problem finding something that relates to this project somewhere in the news. What all of these articals have in common is the target audience: 'tweens and teens. Approachable art and physical activity are common themes in the news these days, so why not provide a place where both can be explored?

The JunkYard is many many things, but most importantly,
The JunkYard is...
1). NOT a place to be quiet
2). NOT a place to sit still
3). NOT a place where "don't touch" signs are posted
4). NOT a place where "don't climb" signs are posted
5). NOT a place with age restrictions
6). NOT a place that is pretentious

Inspire someone today,
Lisa

No comments: