Sunday, August 12, 2007

What's New?

I know I've been quiet for a long time, but that's only because so much is going on with The Junkyard right now. As usual, when everyone else's summer slows down, mine just seems to pick up steam.

My business plan is always developing, growing, and being fine-tuned. I've been doing a tremendous amount of research this year that has taken me from the slides at The Tate in London, to Bob Knaack's Playstations made out of "junk", and just last week to a storage room filled with boxes at the Chicago Children's Museum.

We did the Rock-n-Romp in July, unveiling our Junkyard Music program, which turned out to be a huge success. In August I'm giving a presentation at the Urban Child Institute. We are doing the Cooper-Young Festival in September. Ashley Graber, Virginia Cupples, Hana Chung, and Leah Wells make up the newest members of our Advisory Committees. Ashley taking on the job of Events Coordinator Extraordinaire, keeping me very focused and organized.

There is alot going on right now, and I will do my best to keep you posted as things become concrete. I am working on some exciting things I will be able to share with you by New Year's. In the meantime, come out and visit us at The Cooper-Young Festival in September, where we'll be continuing our Junkyard Art program. Be sure to check out our website and online store at: www.thejunkyardmemphis.org.

Thanks for all your support!
Inspire Someone Today,
Lisa

No comments: